Mastering Your Website and Building Your Brand
The first few chapters cover domain names and web hosting as well as, IP’s, DNS, web site builders, web editing software like Dreamweaver and Photoshop, and how to get a site started. Do not let this initial simplicity fool you. After the basics are out of the way, the book covers Search Engine Optimization specifically for Google and how you should go about building and optimizing a web site. There are several chapters on text links due to the importance they play in search visibility and what to avoid (Google Penguin) as well as what to go after. After the semi intermediate topics are out of the way, the reader dives into search algorithms, advanced content marketing, reputation management, social media, some strategic ideas and touches on most of the new things Google is doing. Finally, together with the author, the reader tears deep into some Google Patents, specifically, DOCUMENT SCORING BASED ON DOCUMENT CONTENT UPDATE (Google Panda/Content Freshness) and METHOD FOR NODE RANKING IN A LINKED DATABASE (PageRank/Links), all of which are extreamly relevant to what is happening today’s advanced algorithms. The book concludes with advice and predictions from the author for the future.
This book is about fully understanding everything to do with your web site and what it means to Google. This book is clear, concise, backed up with factual data straight from Google’s own patents, and effectively teaches you, not just what to do with your site, but exactly why you’re doing it in the first place. By truly understanding your web site, search engine optimization, social media and how it all ties into your brand, you can better plan and implement strategies which will save you time, money and effort all while helping you avoid easily overlooked mistakes that could wind up costing you your entire online business.
This book explains:
- Domain names, web hosting, IP addresses, site builders, and development tools.
- Explore advanced operation of organic (natural) search engines ranking, indexing, information storage and retrieval systems and PageRank algorithms with reference to patent claims.
- Understand Google search engine decision making process and operation of advanced Google operators, algorithms and filters.
- Off-page and on-page SEO techniques and Semantic web and website accessibility.
- Site architecture issues and website monetization.
- Planning in-bound linkage and effective, merit based link building.
- Common black hat and white hat techniques; consequences of black hat techniques.
- Metrics and monitoring Tools to monitor website performance, traffic and rankings.
- Using Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics.
- Social media marketing, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pintrest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Content marketing, PR, and press release marketing.
- Pay-per-click advertising.
For basic, intermediate and highly advanced SEO. The author covered as much material as possible. Readers of this book are sure to walk away with valuable thoughts and insights which will change they way they think about their web sites.